Over 40+ Free Courses will be made available through a partnership between LinkedIn and GitHub for free for a short period (End of Feb 2023). All you need is a computer connected to the internet and a LinkedIn account. GitHub Codespaces doesn’t require any installation because it operates in the cloud. In a statement, LinkedIn claims that upgrading your skills is essential regardless of your level of experience as a developer.
You may network with individuals and businesses in your sector using LinkedIn. Network with individuals and businesses is a fantastic method to remain current on new advancements and exchange knowledge with industry experts.
A platform for online software development is called GitHub. It is employed for archiving, monitoring, and collaboration on software projects. It makes it simple for developers to cooperate on open-source projects and share code files.
Should you put GitHub on LinkedIn?
Your abilities are highlighted on LinkedIn by adding your GitHub account. On GitHub, IT firms and employers will look you up. Using LinkedIn’s Talent Solutions, recruiters may find fresh talent, so you must highlight your GitHub account on your LinkedIn page.
Can your LinkedIn profile have links to your GitHub profile?
You may include it under “contact information” as a custom website. Visit your LinkedIn profile and select Contact Info > Websites. Select “Other” for the website type, and then enter “GitHub” in the following textbox. In the URL field, type the URL of your GitHub profile. Then Save.
How to add GitHub to LinkedIn?
There is no specific GitHub field on your profile on LinkedIn. However, you can integrate GitHub with LinkedIn with a few little adjustments.
- Look for the “Me” area in the upper right corner of the LinkedIn homepage.
- Click the tab, and then choose “View Profile.”
- After that, locate and click the “Contact Info” option.
- Choose the “Edit” button located in the top right corner.
- Pick “Add a website” from the menu.
- Set the tab to “Other” from “Personal” and enter the GitHub profile URL.
- Select “Save.”
LinkedIn and GitHub Launches Free Courses combined to introduce the new LinkedIn Learning with the GitHub Codespaces interface
With the new functionality, software engineers may learn from anywhere and practice skills they will need in the field. The LinkedIn and GitHub Launches Free Courses, available for free from now until February 28, 2023, are described in more detail here.
The LinkedIn Announcement on LinkedIn and GitHub
Upskilling is essential whether you’re an experienced developer or just starting. They combined LinkedIn skills, expertise, and professional content with the most modern GitHub hands-on practice technology to introduce the new LinkedIn Learning with GitHub Codespaces integration. The new feature of LinkedIn and GitHub allows software developers to see a course and receive real-world application materials from anywhere.
LinkedIn and GitHub launches 40+ Free Courses
LinkedIn stated that 40+ free courses with GitHub Codespaces integration will soon be available. Until the end of February, LinkedIn and GitHub are offering the following tools completely free:
- Practice It: Python Data Structures
- CSS for Programmers
- Hands-On Introduction: Go
- Level Up: C
- Hands-On Introduction: ASP.NET Razor Pages
- Hands-On Introduction: Java
- Level-Up: Go
- Hands-On Introduction: React
- Level-Up: Python Data Acquisitions, Prep, and EDA
- Practice It: Java
- Machine Learning with Python: Association Rules
- Level Up: Java
- Level Up: SQL
- Level Up: Python
- Data Cleaning in Python Essential Training
- Learning Bash Scripting
- Level Up: Advanced Python
- Data Science Foundations: Python Scientific Stack
- Hands-On Introduction: Python
- Practice It: SQL Joins
- 8 Git Commands You Should Know
- Hands-On Introduction: SQL
- Training Neural Networks in Python
- Machine Learning with Python: Logistic Regression
- Practice It: Go REST API Server
- Level Up: PHP
- Hands-On Introduction: PHP
- Building Monorepos on GitHub
- CSS: Animation
- Tailwind CSS 3 Essential Training
- CSS Layout Code Challenges
- CSS Tips
- CSS: Enhancing Interfaces with Animation
- CSS: Images
- CSS: Scrolling and Parallax
- ESLint: Integrating with your Workflow
- ESLint: Checking for Syntax and Logic Errors
- ESLint: Customizing Styles
From now until February 28, 2023, all of the free LinkedIn and GitHub courses listed above may be accessible online for nothing. All you need is a computer with an internet connection and a LinkedIn account. Since GitHub Codespaces runs on the cloud, there is nothing to input.